Hinata Cheers! Hinata Cheers!

Not bad for a first animation

Considering that this is your first flash, it's not too bad yet it's nothing great. The art style and animation is fairly basic and the lips are really out of sync, but with practise I'm sure you'll be able to make that less of an issue.

It would have been nice to see some background image in there, regardless of whether it was stationary or had some animation of its own. The white background just made things seem too plain and gave the whole movie an unfinished feel.

Stick with flash, put more time into your work and I'm sure you'll get better. Just remember to do something with the background next time.

Cloud Soft Cloud Soft

Left me with too many questions

I liked the combination of 3D and 2D animation. It seemed to work quite well in my opinion and you did a good job at combining the two styles. The animation itself was also fairly well done, even if it was fairly short. It all just seemed to fit together quite nicely.

The sound, especially that which was applied to the 3D animations, seemed spot on for the most part. The voice over at the end didn't seem all that clear to me though. I actually had to watch it again just so that I could hear what was said.

My main complaint is that I can't quite work out what just happened. The plot made no sense to me and I just generally didn't get what was going on. What were the robotic arms about? Why did he grow wings? What was the point of him flying off the toilet? I was just left with too many questions.

I think if you were to work more on creating a good plot you'd be able to make something that I'd enjoy watching.

SkoopleFloop responds:

The claws represent a crap brand that feels like razors when you wipe, and the latter brand sends you to the clouds because its so soft. And thank you for your well written review. Although I am pretty sad that people aren't getting the visual metaphor :(

Alien Monks Alien Monks

Good 3D effect

The 3D effect that you used in this animation looked very well done. I'd love to see it being used successfully on a future Flash. It should really grab some user's attention. Well done.

jellyembryo responds:

Thanks!

Human Invasion Human Invasion

Really enjoyed this game. My only slight complaint is that I found the keyboard controls are a little awkward. It would have been easier if I was only using 3 fingers instead of 4 but I'm assuming this game was geared more towards touch screen controls?

Regardless, I thought this was a great little game with a nice old school arcade feel to it.

Tilecan Tilecan

Pretty simple game but I must admit, I found it quite hard and enjoyable. Paying attention to your current colour, the colour of the tiles around you and the location of the gems really puts your brain to work.

I realise this was for a game jam but it would have been nice if you fixed some of the issues before submitting it to the portal. I found a couple obvious issues that should be simple fixes:

1) There is no collision detection to prevent the user from leaving the screen.

2) The game doesn't actually end when your health reaches 0, you just can't play any more. You should add a "game over" screen when the health reaches 0.

I like the concept of the game though. It was a lot more challenging than I expected, assuming I tried to keep moving rather than plan my route in advance. It might be an idea to set some kind of timer so that the user can't remain in the same position for too long, that way it would add to the challenge. Alternatively, maybe the user should always be moving, like in Snake.

With a bit of polish, I reckon this could be quite a fun little puzzle game.

BretHudson responds:

Thanks Dean! As I told Mooker19, I am planning on making a better version of the game. The game over screen was included, but it was bugged out when the deadline passed, so it doesn't let you know that you can press R to restart when you die.

A blobs tale 2 A blobs tale 2

Amazing.

I love this game. It's graphically nice to look at, the animation is smooth and the puzzles are enjoyable.

My only criticism is that it is a little short, but it is still a really nice game.

The Skavemen: The Arrival The Skavemen: The Arrival

Seriously loved this track. It has that old school, basic sound that was what made ska-punk so great back in the day. I wish I knew of more younger bands that have this kind of sound. Keep it up and don't conform.

FairSquare responds:

Thanks man! Really appreciate it :)

Evil-Dog - Asshole! Evil-Dog - Asshole!

Kick Ass

All the Evil-Dog material is great. Hope to hear more. =]

OMG BOKS! OMG BOKS!

Unrealistic.

Everything in this piece to artwork looks extremely realistic, aside from one small detail. The cat has 5 legs. For that reason, the 10 I was going to give you has been reduced to a 9.

Rucklo responds: