A few days ago, during my lunch break, I was reading an article about how vinyl is growing in popularity again. It's still a niche interest but apparently sales haven't been this high in the UK since the early 90's. So I decided to look up the price of some vinly re-releases and fuck me, who's paying these prices? £25-35 to pre-order some re-releases? Mental.
So scrap the vinyl idea. I did realise that it's been a few months since I last got any albums on CD. I'm one of those people who still buys CDs. What was originally only meant to be a couple of albums (Ride the Lightening and Rust In Peace) turned into 12.
- Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
- Iron Maiden - Powerslave
- Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time
- Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
- Iron Maiden - No Prayer for the Dying
- Municipal Waste - The Art of Partying
- Municipal Waste - Massive Aggressive
- Municipal Waste - The Fatal Feast Waste In Space
- Megadeth - Rust in Peace
- Megadeth - United Abominations
- Metallica - Ride the Lightening
- Hamerex - Rites of Passage (No idea what this is aside from it's metal. Was going cheap)
I've been playing some computer games recently too. Mostly the PC port of State of Decay. Surprised at how good this game is for the price. Really enjoying this one and it feels like something that I'll end up playing multiple times. If you like open world zombie survival games (single player) then check this one out. It has base building type stuff along with resource gathering. Oh, and if any of your characters die, they stay dead.
Also decided I wanted to try playing something a bit different to my usual stuff, so gave the Diablo 3 trial a go and really like that one too. Conveniently it was on a 50% off deal this past weekend so got the full game. So far I've only finished Act I on normal difficulty, but I can see this being something I'll gradually chip away at and come back to play on the harder difficulties.
Oh, and apparently it's almost Christmas. They year has flown by for me. Been at my job for almost a year now. Work Christmas night out / party in a few weeks, so hopefully that'll be fun.